The 2020 Pandemic saved my family; Moms view from home






















I keep reading so much negativity about 2020. How everyone can't wait for it to be over and start the new year. How this has been the worst year on record. I do have to agree, it has certainly been terrifying living through a pandemic and trying to make an everyday life feel normal although it was not. The uncertainty of how serious this virus is and how fast it can spread, as we all watched death rates rise and so many people suffering, has made loneliness and depression a harsh reality for so many. We wear masks and bleach everything in sight just trying to prevent the spread. We protect our children as much as possible, then worry we are sheltering them too much.  

We all know the horrible affects this pandemic has had on the world and I certainly agree it was one of the scariest of years.
  
But it certainly wasn't the worst. 

What I choose to see through all of this, is what the pandemic has contributed to my family. I choose to see the positive side of this awakening. The pandemic brought me home. It took away two of my jobs and placed me at the center of the most important job.
  
Being a Mommy and Wife. 

This pandemic literally made my husband and I reevaluate what is most important to our family. Honestly, we feel the pandemic saved us.

 Just prior to this pandemic we were struggling. Big time struggling while trying to find the balance in working outside of the home, running a business fulltime and having time for our family. Chaotic, like most households are, we were just trying to do the best we could as parents. What this pandemic did is made us slow down and enjoy each other and our daughter more. We had time to prioritize this now. The time at home during the shutdown was exactly what we needed to regroup. We had so much time together as a family that those deep conversations we needed to have were able to happen, and decisions about life were made. We decided that keeping me home with our daughter was the best decision for our family. I have finally been able to be the stay-at-home mom I have always wanted to be. While my husband was gone running a business 98% of the time, we knew our daughter needed to have one of us present as much as possible.

Nothing about losing two jobs while still being buried in debt is easy, but during this time we have learned that we must be able to rely on each other to pick up slack in this area as well. As we all know, a lot of us were blessed financially with the Covid stimulus check. Being honest, for me only working part time prior to the pandemic, this stimulus literally saved me. I was able to cover all of my bills during the shutdown, finally getting myself into a comfortable financial place to be able to take a leap of faith.  I am forever grateful for being blessed in this way and finally catching a break after working so hard for so long while raising my child at the same time. 
(although we all have our own opinions on the stimulus, this is my journey).  

 Through the tragedies of the pandemic there is hope. There is positivity that has somehow come from so much devastation. We have our family and we have our health, and we are forever grateful. I have not missed one day with my daughter since March. I have seen every smile and milestone reached. I have rocked her for nap times as tears of joy have flooded my face. I have taught her so much more than imaginable during this time. We were able to take family weekend trips and build memories that will last a life time. We were given the time we needed to just be a family. We truly made the best of this unforeseen situation. We see our daughter thriving in so many ways. We are proud of her and proud of ourselves for taking this leap and allowing the pandemic to shove us so deeply into parenthood and family. We hope you are able to see the positives as well.  

Our family grew in quality.
we grew in strength.
We grew in love. 

In life it's all about your view of what’s happening around you. For me and my family, we choose to see 2020 as the best year yet!  


xo


We wish you all Safety, Health and Love during this unknown time. Best wishes to all as we leap into a beautiful new year!  

Comments